Subwassertang, Monoselenium tenerum, Round Pellia, is a sinking liverwort. Easily grows in low to medium light. It provides a naturally beautiful hiding place for small shrimps and fry.
Pellia is suitable to tie to driftwood to form an elegant aquascape.
- Excellent choice for low maintenance tanks as this plant is undemanding for light, CO2 and nutrients.
- Slow growing but very hardy
- Recommended for shrimps as they love to seek shelter below the moss
- Able to withstand a great variety of water conditions
- No carbon dioxide injection required for healthy growth
You are buying a 2" x 2" portion .
The portion consists of a small mat that will need to be tied or glued down and left to grow to achieve what you see in the picture.
The Pellia is mixed with a small amount of Christmas Moss to keep the Pellia leaves together. Pellia grows much quicker then Chrismas Moss so once the Pellia grows in and covers the object you won't even know the Christmas moss is there. I have found this much better and easier to keep the Pellia from pulling apart.